Friday, January 16, 2009

Port Side Cranes, Charlotte Street, Charleston

This is a view of a container crane located off of Charlotte Street downtown. They are used to load and unload containers and are really quite huge. You can see them really well from the Ravenel bridge, which in this case is off in the distance. They had a sign posted that prohibited taking photographs so I had to draw in a frenzy - I was paranoid and expecting the port patrol to come up at any moment, break my pen and step on my watercolor tray and then cart me off to a holding cell. No such excitement this day though...

3 comments:

Rea Road Neighborhood Coalition said...

Cool! Charleston watercolors are always of Rainbow Row boring!

You should come down to the City Marina some time.

Rea Road Neighborhood Coalition said...

A lot of cool things to paint and draw.

Dave Linder said...

Ha - I'd love to - I'm pretty much constrained to a 10 minute radius from where I work and whether or not the parking is free, so that nixes alot of the usual Charleston scenes. Check here for a sketch w/ the marina in it: http://lowcountrysketchbook.blogspot.com/2008/11/brittlebank-park-round-holiday-inn.html